The mailbox is often the first thing that people will notice about your home. Its condition will reflect much about how you take care of the residence. A good sturdy mailbox not only adds to the appeal of your home, but it protects your mail as well. Here are some handy tips to keep your mailbox system looking good:
- Check your mailbox to ensure that it is secure and well anchored. A little shake here and there will let you know if anything is loose and I need a repair.
- Make sure that the door closes properly so that your mail is kept dry inside. Also, check for any sharp edges that stick out. File them down and make sure that your mailbox is safe for both you and the mail carrier.
- Make sure that your mailbox address is clear and carries the right identification of your address.
- Make sure that the mailbox and Paul are strong enough to provide good support against the elements. It must not give if struck by a vehicle.
- Paint and repair the mailbox when needed. Make sure the street address is bright and easily seen.